Monday, January 14, 2008

Shall We Dance



I have always loved to dance. I wish as a child I took more dance lessons. I find it ironic that I meet my husband at a dance. I don't think I am a good dancer but I love to learn. A friend of mine told me about a line dancing class that I could go to since I love to dance. I thought this will be great. I went to the class and there were all of these older people. I thought this class is going to me fun and easy. I was so wrong. I learned so much from all of these people. Ladies that were 75 years old were dancing far better than I ever could imagine. They were cute though, they were cheering me on, and even one dance the instructor stood right in front of me so I could see every step. Then when I went out to get a drink someone offered me some tips on how I could dance better. I had to laugh because I did learn some steps and I want to go back. No matter your age you can still learn new things.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this class at the recreation department in Camden? I'm asking because, if so, that's the one Mrs. Crolley attends, and she's 84 years old. On more than one occasion, she has given hints and "lessons" to people in parking lots, at parties, and so forth. It's phenomenal. Most of the time, she and her buddies go out to eat afterwards, so maybe you could be part of their lunch bunch. Please don't think I'm being a smart aleck (sp.?); she's one of my role models.

Valencia said...

Yay, Laresa! That's great! I had a similar experience at a class at "The Barn" a couple months ago--I couldn't believe what great shape some of the older/wiser ladies were in and taught me some tips as well. They danced incredibly well!!! Where is your class? I'm going to the one at the YMCA at Lake Carolina this Thursday night. Have a great week!

campbell said...

I am taking the class on Monday's at the rec. center. I know that Edna goes there but she wasn't there last time. Tell me how it goes at the YMCA. :)

Mariah said...

I feel the same way, Laresa. I feel like I missed my boat in life because I wasn't given the opportunity to take dance lessons. But, like you said, it's never too late--I need to go and sign up for a class!

Anonymous said...

Laresa, Just so you'll know, the reason Mrs. Crolle wasn't at Monday's class is because she's on a ten-day cruise with stops all over the place. Nice, huh? She's probably dancing in the stateroom about now.

Do you and Boyd know how to shag? Just asking because we took shag lessons a few years ago to refresh our memories about the steps. Now we need to do it again! My son is getting married in March, and I must dance at his wedding.

Connie said...

Good for You! I dance around the house, I am a little shy in public.
I started my own blog this week b/c all of you looked like you were having a whole lot of fun with them. Visit me sometime!