I haven't posted for awhile I noticed. I have been so busy reading other people blogs. I thought I need to post what has been going on in our little household. Life lately for us has been wrestling. It ends Saturday though with state championship. Lugoff-Elgin Middle school has won the last four years in a row so there is a lot of pressure. The local news the other night did a segment on them if any of you caught that on the news. There weren't any pictures of Alex so it wasn't news worthy to us. :) Alex didn't qualify for state last year so this year we will be there cheering him on. His weight class is 115.
One thing I love about watching Alex wrestle is his determination. There are positions that he gets in that as a mother is very hard for me to watch. Sometimes I have to turn my head. But Alex never gives up. His coach told him that he has a great endurance level. If Alex can just make his opponent work hard then Alex can pin him because his opponent is so tired.
It made be think about my word "perseverance" that I have as my goal for the year. Sometimes I don't reach my objective because I am just too tired. That is when I realize that I am down and someone has pinned me. Sometimes we are discouraged because we let Satan whittle his way into our hearts. I have to stop and think even if I get myself into a precarious position there is a way out. I think for Alex his he is so set on the goal that he doesn't have time to think that he is tired or what position he is in he just keeps his eye on the goal.


6 comments:
Wrestlers are tough, no doubt about it!! Congrats to Alex, that strong work ethic will take him places!
Congrats to Alex. Beats getting stopped in the airport for a marshmallow gun! He looks pretty tough to beat.
Connie I am laughing so hard about that marshmallow comment, thank you!!
Laresa, I love your blog! Congratulations Alex! That is so awesome, wrestling looks like it is a lot of hard work. Keep it up!
Talena
Hey sista-
This blog is the bomb!! I dig it!!
Ok to be serious I really do like looking at your blog and I iwll try and comment more often!! And GO ALEX!!!
Way to go, Alex! And, Laresa, you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Keep up the good work - you're pretty amazing.
Post a Comment