Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BYU Women's Conference


I had a wonderful weekend. I had a wonderful opportunity to go to BYU Women's Conference. It was Thursday and Friday. My Mom spoke in a class on Friday. That class was so great. She spoke on being a life long learner. Her summary of her talk is on her blog.. It was great to see so many friends and family.
My sister Mariah, Aunt Holly, Grandma and me my sister Anissa, and my Mom.
The best surprise was that my brothers wife had a baby the day before we got there. A little boy Cash Ivo Johnson. It is amazing to me just how little he was and how good his Mom Jackie looked. It was so fun to see their new place and see where they live.
It was one of the most relaxing weekends I have had in a long time. (maybe like forever) It was exactly what I needed to refresh my soul and go forward with life.

5 comments:

Connie said...

Glad you had a great time! I can't believe your brother has a baby now!!!

meleah said...

I am so sad that I didn't get to be there too. It looks like you all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious! Well, not exactly envious but sort of a mixture of awe and wistfulness. One of these days I'd love to attend one of those conferences instead of reading the addresses in a book later. I look forward to reading your mom's address and am happy you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

It is not fair that she just had a baby and looks like that! Phooey! Glad you had a good weekend. I think Hunter and Ann enjoyed Luke for the week....and Boyd looked estatic that you were coming home!!!1

Anissa said...

That was such a fun weekend. I miss you already Laresa! You are such a great sister and I loved being able to hang out with you.