Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And the award goes to ...

Nate on the left and Zachary on the right


I was so proud of Zachary and Nate last night at Senior Awards night. I think everybody sitting by me was sick of me clapping and cheering for my boys. But I was a proud Mom and I wanted to show it. I will brag a little and tell you some of the awards they got Distinguished Honor Graduate, Kershaw County Academic Honors Medalist, Zachary got the Athlete Scholar award (being on a sport and maintaining a high GPA). Nate was awarded the Palmetto Fellow, which is a scholarship to any South Carolina school.(which he decided to decline since he is going to BYU) But the surprise came when Nate was awarded a certificate for being the 2nd highest in the district for his SAT scores. The funny moment came when Nate went up to get that award and after he got it he walked off stage the wrong way and realized what he was doing he walked back the right way. When he was walking back I said kind of loud "Yep, there goes my genius son". Everybody around me laughed, especially Boyd. We love to tease our boys but we are proud of all of them and all there accomplishments.
When Zachary and Nate spoke in sacrament meeting Sunday I was crying and Samuel looked up at me and said "Are you going to cry at my 5th grade graduation". I think I just might Samuel. Because this has been a wonderful time to reflect on how blessed I am to have 6 wonderful, very different boys. I love being a Mom!

6 comments:

meleah said...

Wow, good job Zac and Nate!!

Alona said...

That is AWESOME!!
You Have a lot to be proud of. This has been a big year for them. That is great.

Connie said...

Good Job Mom and Dad and All the Boys!!!

Don and Kelley said...

Congrats to both of your sons. That is quite an honor!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Zach and Nate and their parents. You and Boyd are doing such an awesome job of raising these boys to become fine young men. You just won't believe how much your household is going to change when they leave for college and missions. They're both well-prepared for whatever lies ahead.

Talena said...

Laresa, you should be so proud! Congratulations Zach and Nate!