
Do you remember the song of the 80's, Freeze Frame? I love that song. Even when I was younger I would think about what event in life would I like to freeze. I would imagine different scenes of my life and then take a pictures of it and freeze it. If time only stood still.
This morning I was thinking about the next two weeks of my life. I have a 5th grader, 8th grader and two Seniors. ( I do have a 1st grader but he just moving on up to 2nd grade) All of them embarking on different stages of their lifes. I have been complaining a lot the last week. Because I have 5th grade award ceremony to go too, 8th grade ceremony and then there is Seagull (gifted and talented program) awards night for my 8th grader. Then I have a few orientations I have to attend 6th grade orientation and 9th grade orientation. Then we have seminary graduation and then senior awards night and finally high school graduation. You get the idea of my life right now.
I feel bad because this morning I started complaining again and then I thought about that song "Freeze Frame". There hasn't a been time in my families life that I have just wanted to freeze and frame as much as this time. In the fall Zachary and Nate will be gone. Luke will embark on a new part of his life too and start preschool. Things will be different. Maybe I won't have anything to complain about but I will miss this hectic part of May, when I had 5 boys in school all at the same time. Just for a minute I want to FREEZE it.
What part of your life did you want to freeze? Have you ever wanted to take a picture and have that moment just last forever?
Count It All Joy!
11 years ago

7 comments:
I can't tell whether you're complaining or venting or something else. When I read the post, however, my thought was, "Man, this is awesome. I hope she's savoring this special time."
I am savoring these moments. I think that is what I realized this morning. I need to stop complaining and start enjoying because these moments won't last forever.
I love that & that purely 80s video was awesome! It's true, although life is very hectic sometimes it's those moments we miss the most when they are gone!
I thought about not posting that video Mariah. But then I thought you can never pass up on a 80's video.
I want to freeze any time when I was skinny....HA HA
Laresa, It is funny that made this post. I have been thinking about this exact thing lately. We have bee talking about moving now for 6 months and it has been a really stressful thing for me, just not knowing is hard, falling in love with an idea and have it not work out. Anyway, I think you get the picture. It hasn't been until recently that I have calmed down. I have asked myself why in the world am I so anxious for the future and figuring it out. I love my house and once we have a bigger one it will just be more to clean, my kids are healthy and happy and love hanging out as a family, they don't prefer their friends yet. I know that day will come, soon. There is not a lot of extra activities that has be busing everyone and their friends around. When that day comes it will be fine but for now I am in a different chapter and frankly quite enjoying it. I know my family will not always be this young and my babies will get older but I am glad I realized it before it was too late. I would love to freeze this time in my life. I love everything about it.
Gosh, my eyes got a little teary! This post reminds me of a song I heard once...one of the lines in it was "my heart took a picture then" it is a song about a mom and her son is going on a mission and she is remembering him being small etc. Oops I am getting teary again! We have to savor the moments even when they are hectic!
Post a Comment