Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh,What a Beautiful Morning ....


I haven't written on my blog for awhile because I have been really busy. I have been busy auditioning for a musical at the fine arts center in Camden. I am so excited after two callbacks I found out today that I made it in the musical. I am one of the women of Oklahoma. I am just happy to take whatever part they will give me.


Anyone who knows me really well knows that I love the theater. I remember my first acting lesson when I was five years old. My Mom took me to this class in Salt Lake City and I stood on stage for the first time and I loved it. I even remember everything we did in that class and the comments that the teacher made to me. That is when I knew I loved the theater. I did community theater when I was younger and I did some stuff in High School and then College. Now that I look back at College I wish I would have just majored in theater.

I have always watched musicals and loved everyone one of them. Boyd buys me a musical for Christmas every year. I especially like the oldie but goodie musicals. I listen to soundtrack muscials all the time. In fact Nate told me if I was on Jeopardy and all of the questions were to do with musicals I would totally win. What a son!

I told Boyd I had been just itchin' to get back on stage. It has been about 20 years. In fact when I met Boyd I was in a summer theater group that performed every Monday night. We did a melodrama in the park. I still remember the night Boyd came to see me I was so nervous. After the show the director told me that was my best performance, he asked what the difference was that night. I told him some guy I liked was in the audience. Ever since then I have called Boyd my good luck charm.

After talking with my family about me being really busy if I make it they decided to support me 100 percent. The whole time I auditioned I thought about my goal word for this year "perservance". I just kept thinking I have got to see this through. There have been so many times that I have backed out of things like this before. I was nervous, excited all at the same time. We did some singing, dancing and readings. I did find out that it is still in my blood. I feel like I am five years old again and walking on the stage for the first time with just as much excitement.

So in April I will be in Oklahoma. The director did email us today and tell us that the musical director backed out and they are still looking for one. If they don't find one soon then the show will be canceled. I hope everything works out because I have a wonderful feeling everything's going my way.

11 comments:

scchesleys said...

Good for you! I love old musicals. 7 Brides for 7 Brothers is my absolute favorite! Break a leg-not literally though, that would be bad all the way around.

campbell said...

I love 7 brides for 7 brothers too. My favorite line in the whole show is when they ask who's baby it is and all the girls raise their hands and say "mine".
I love it when people say "Break a Leg".

Don and Kelley said...

That is awesome!!! I remember seeing you perform in college! Good for you!

Mariah said...

Laresa, that is so awesome! I wish I could be there to see you perform. You are going to have such a fun experience.

Christy Peake said...

You are going to be fabulous. I know you are so excited. This is a great achivement already. You have to blog everything!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Im kinda jealous but thrilled for ya! I love theatre and miss being on stage myself!!! Congrats! I cant wait to see ya!

Connie said...

I am so excited for you!!! You will have quite the fan club appear for your "debut"

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I would love to come see you!
make sure I get an invitation:-)

Valencia said...

YaY, Laresa! You are so humble--you didn't tell me this yesterday -- you go, girl! I'm so happy for you! (You know I'm just not sure you can outdo your all-time famous duck impression!!!) Just kiddin' but that was so fun!! You really are a great actress and I'm thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting. I can't wait to see you perform (although I agree with Valencia that you probably can't surpass the duck performanced!) and will put it on my calendar as soon as you let us know the dates. Maybe a group of us will show up together and be your lucky charms.

KJQ said...

Congratulations. You go girl. I can't wait to hear all about it.