I have the most wonderful Mom in the whole world. I just wanted to say a little something in honor of her today. Today is her birthday and she is "60". She doesn't even look like she is 40. My boys think I look older than she does. As many of you know my Mom is an author and she has a wonderful blog called "Good News". So go check it out and she loves comments so go wish her a Happy Birthday today.
Also, I wanted to write 60 things about my Mom you might not know.
1. I have the most fantastic Mom
2. she is very patient
3. she has the most amazing amount of Faith
4. she taught me how to pray
5. and how to find answers to those prayers
6. I love her advice-even though when I was younger I didn't
7. I wish I was more like my Mom
8. when I was little I thought my Mom was so pretty
9. now that I am older I think she is gorgeous
10. I want to look like her someday
11. when I was little I loved to go shopping at Dick's because
she would always buy me an eclair
12. She always thought I could do anything even when I didn't
believe in myself
13. she wrote a story about me in The Friend Magazine
14. I loved it when she would write letters to me and leave
them on my bed (I still long for those letters)
15. I kept every letter she wrote to me while I was at Ricks
College and I still have them
16. I am the oldest and I made her a Mom
17. some of my friends are my Mom's friends
18. she is so friendly to everyone
19. our house was the house you could play at all the time
20. even when I was a teenager we loved having parties at my house
21. she always made the house so inviting
22. I just want to know what her secret is to keep going
23. she always stays so busy
24. she has always exercised
25. even as a little girl she would exercise while we watched TV
right besides her
26. she loves to serve
27. she loves to do kind things for others without anyone knowing
28. she loves to read
29. she read to me many books as child while I would fall asleep in my bed
30. she would wake me up for midnight snacks with her and Dad
31. I loved when she would check me out of school and we would
go out to lunch after we did our appointment of course
32. she always made birthdays so special
33. she had some great traditions growing up
34. green milk and green pancakes on St. Patricks Day
35. Pick your favorite birthday meal for your birthday and eat
on the special plate
36. Trying to play practical jokes on April Fools
37. The best one was waking up Dad way early for family pray and him
thinking it was 6:00 in the morning really I think it was 4:00.
38. Having orange juice on Christmas morning
39. She always helped with dances and party ideas
40. I am the oldest of 10 kids and she always had time for me
41. She never complained about being so busy
42. she always wants to do what is right
43. she puts her children first before herself
44. one time we went shopping while I was in college we each
bought a dress
45. well my Mom bought both of them because I didn't have any money
46. when she left to go home she gave me her dress (always thinking of
others)
47. she is great teacher
48. she loves the scriptures
49. she has been a life-long learner of the scriptures
50. as a little girl I always saw her reading her scriptures
51. as a little girl I would always see her praying
52. even though I feel asleep during family scripture study
I still felt the spirit
53. my mom after she got married got her Bachelors, Masters
and Doctorate degree way to go Dr. Mom
54. she has been an example of perservance
55. if you are still reading this I love you more than you will
ever know
56. I wish I was there to give her a hug on your birthday
57. she always wishes she had more money to help us out
58. she has given me more than money could buy
59. she has instilled in me a love of the gospel of Jesus Christ
60. without that Mom I don't know where I would be today, thank
you for always sharing your testimony !
I love you Mom... what more can I say! (excuse me I need to go
get a tissue)
your #1 daughter Laresa
Count It All Joy!
11 years ago

5 comments:
You made me a mother and now you made my day! What a daughter. I have the best children in the whole world!! Thank you! I love you.
Wow Laresa I love the list. I have to agree with all of these!
I know your mom was thrilled to read this! Michelle did something similiar last month and I cried like a baby! I am in awe of everything she has accomplished and with 10 children!
Laressa, I can't believe that your mom and I are just about the same age; I'm just a few months behind her! It's not that I think she's old but rather that I'm trying to adjust to the fact that I could be your mother. I think of you and the other "sisters" as my contemporaries, and now I'll have to start thinking of you as more like a daughter.
I'd love to read the article in The Friend that she wrote about you.
I loved reading this, Laresa. Your mom is so neat and I'll forever appreciate your parents picking Ethan up from EFY and getting him to the airport. They are so sweet! I hope she had a great birthday week--sounds like she a busy one. I enjoyed our trip to Payless last night--CUTE SHOES!! See you soon.
Post a Comment