Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mr. LE

All of the Mr. LE contestants

Emily and Zachary


It was a great night Saturday to see Zachary compete is Mr. LE. (Lugoff-Elgin High School). It was about 32 boys who were nominated by there student body and then they compete. They do casual wear and formal wear. They have a escort with them when they do formal wear, that is where Emily comes in. When they walk across the stage they say different things about them. Zachary wasn't nervous to be in it he was more worried that they were going to say my name wrong. ( he knows how that bothers me) When they first come across the stage they say son of Boyd and Laresa Campbell. They didn't pronounce my name wrong so Zachary was happy. I thought that he was sweet because he was more worried about me then him. Also, I was proud of him when they talked about what he was going to do after High School. They said Zachary plans on serving a two year mission for his church after which he plans on attending Brigham Young University. There are only about 12-15 members in that school. Only two active members graduating this year and that is my two sons Zachary and Nate. It just sent chills up my spine when they said that about his mission because I don't think very many knew that about him. I am proud of him. Good job Zac even though you didn't win you will always be number #1 to me.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Talena said...

What a nice story! Good job Zachary, you look very good in a tuxedo.

Connie said...

Love the pictures! I would never have been brave enough to compete in anything in high school. I can't believe you have two boys graduating and one on a mission so soon.

Anonymous said...

He looked very handsome! How is it the school pronounces it right, but in ward conference they still got it wrong?! Oh well, Ill sustain you anyway whether your Laresa or Larissa! HA

Don and Kelley said...

Laresa, that is awesome! It looks like he had fun! What a cutie!

meleah said...

Wow, how awesome. Zach looks so nice. Emily is cute.
Way to go Zach!!!

Christy Peake said...

That's so awesome! He looks so handsome in that spiffy tux!!

Valencia said...

He looked so handsome!! What a fine young man he is, I know you must be so proud also. Thanks for your example, Laresa, you're such a real friend and I'm very thankful for that. Have a great week. Best of luch with your "adventure" this week - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!