This weekend we finally had Zachary's Eagle Court of Honor. It was a hectic day trying to get everything together but it turned out great. We put together a powerpoint slide show of all of his years in scouting starting with his cubscout years. I won't bore you with the whole slide show but I thought I would put a few pictures of him on here over the years. I am so proud of him. Statistics show that only 10 percent of Scouts get there Eagle. Also, the projects they have to do are really hard. Zacahry's project was to build two picnic tables and a tree bench for South East Park in Columbia. He had to gather the funds and pick up the material and figure out the plans all on his own. He was in charge. He could delegate but he had to figure that out. Like Boyd said the night of his Eagle Court of Honor, "I don't know if I could have completed this project I would have given up, but Zac stayed with it and I am proud of him." We are so proud of Zachary. This is something that will stay with Zachary for the rest of his life. I am proud to say I am a Eagle Scout Mom. And let me tell you I earned that pin too. ;)


Count It All Joy!
11 years ago

3 comments:
Congrats to you and your Eagle Scout!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. I know you and Boyd are very proud parents and what a great example Zachary has set for his younger brothers!
I love the pictures too!
That is awesome! Congrats!
Way to go Zachary! I knew he was a special young man from the months I had the privilege to teach him in Sunday school. Oh, and congrats to you too! Moms deserve a little credit too, and Ican't wait to see you wearing your pin.
Post a Comment