
The best gift I received this year was to learn how to quilt. I had my good friend Sister Lillie Cooper teach me how to quilt. I made two denim quilts for Zac and Nate's bed. I took all of their jeans that i had saved over the years and I made a quilt with different color of fabric in between. Then I had a red flat sheet on the back and then put red ties on the quilt. From the pictures you can't see the red ties. It was just amazing when I put them on Zac and Nate's bed they looked so beautiful and finally their bed linens matched. The first thing Nate did was take his wallet out of his pocket and put it in the pocket on the quilt and told me thanks now he has a place to put his wallet. I am always glad I can help Nate. Sister Cooper did most of the work but we had so much fun doing it together. I did another project for Christmas in which I made quillows for each of my boys and husband. I will have post them up soon.
6 comments:
Laresa, that is so awesome! I have a quilt top that is all finished and tied, I just need someone to help me put the binding on--I wish you lived close so you could help :)
Laresa, Wow those quilts look awesome!! Way to go! I love them.
awwh, i have a blanket from sister cooper too! they are the best!
haha, i wrote that before i read that she taught you! that is awesome!!
Those are beautiful! You go girl! You'll have to teach me now--I'd love to do one. Happy New Year! Love ya bunches!
Ihave to get my grandma to teach me how to quilt! Im so sad she's moving to Columbia(because thats way farther than your family) HA HA!
Post a Comment