Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Joys of Being a Mother

One of the joys of being a Mother is taking care of your children. That means whether they are sick or healthly. Last night I was really put to the test on finding the joy in my boys being sick. This has been a great week. We had just got home from scouts when my son Sameul threw-up outside just as we got out of the car. He said it came so sudden. He seemed fine when we went to scouts. I layed him down and Jeremy was already asleep. Then about 10:30 we heard Samuel get sick again. This time Boyd and I had just gone to bed. It was Samuel and he made a mess all over his covers. We spent lots of time cleaning that up and getting him a throw-up bucket. (that is what we do around here). Then I started the laundry and was off to bed. I couldn't sleep because the adrenalin was keeping me up. Boyd said he kept hearing Samuel throw-up. Sure enough he did it again. We cleaned up his bucket this time and went to bed. Then just as we were about to sleep I heard someone in the bathroom. I thought maybe Samuel had made it to the toilet this time. I was wrong it was Alex. But he didn't make it to the toilet. It was all over his bedroom (different room than Samuel's). We spent time gathering covers, getting him a throw-up bucket and cleaning the carpet. We went to bed again. Boyd mentioned to me that he felt a little queasy. I thought no please not you Boyd. Then I finally feel asleep I think it was about 12:30. Then at about 1:44 I felt someone trying to shake me awake. I thought this can't be happening. I was hoping it was a dream. But it wasn't it was Nate. He told me that he had just threw-up in his bedroom. I was so tired I just said to him go sleep on the couch and I will clean it up in the morning. Zachary usually wakes up about 5:30 to get ready for seminary I heard him in the shower and thought this is good atleast he isn't sick. Then I heard someone throw-up again. I thought this really can't be happening. It seemed like it was a chorus of that sound all night long. I thought maybe it was Zachary and it turned out it was Jeremy. This sickness is bad. And I have done nothing today except try to make them feel better. They have all been home from school except Zachary and they pretty much have slept most of the day. Boyd did go to work. But Jeremy did cry the whole day for him. I finally asked him why he wants Daddy so much. He said I think I need a blessing Mom. With tears in my eyes (mostly because I was so tired) I said we would call Daddy. Now that is the Joy of being a Mom seeing that your boys know where they can go for help.. our Heavenly Father.

5 comments:

Mariah said...

Laresa, that was such a wonderful story...well not the throw up part, because honestly I could hear it all happening in my head...but the ending was so wonderful. I hope you can get some rest and recover quickly. Luv ya!

meleah said...

Laresa, I have a hard time cleaning up throw up. That sounds like a lot of throw up.
Sorry everyone is sick. I hope everyone is feeling better.

Valencia said...

Sorry you had such a terrible time, Laresa, you deserve Mother of the Century for having to clean all that up--yep, the joys of motherhood, huh! I love ya!

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

That's my girl. Seeing the good amidst the trial. I love this. Thanks for sharing

Jayne said...

Oh my goodness! At first, I just though, "Ugh, no fun," but then as I continued reading, I was incredulous! You are amazing to endure such a night and then find something positive to say.