When I went to pick up Alex from cross-country on Thursday I noticed he had a big rip in his shirt. He looked like someone had cut off the bottom half of the front of his t-shirt. I could see his belly button but not his back. He looked ridiculous. This is his undershirt that he wears underneath his shirt. He usually just runs in that for cross-country.
When I asked him what happened his cross-country coach said "Oh, let me tell you this is great. When Alex went to school today he was suppossed to bring a white cloth because they were going to dye them in science class. Well, Alex didn't have a white cloth so he just cut his undershirt and used that for his white cloth".
Like I said Alex is very independent. When all else fails use your clothes.
The best part is I told his coach that a couple of weeks ago he came home with his shirt ripped. I asked him what happened then and he said "I accidentally ripped a boys shirt at school when I was playing around with him. Rather then make him feel bad I ripped mine too so we would be even." So now Alex has two ripped shirts.
side-note: I do want you to know that as a mother I knew that he needed a white cloth for school. When he asked me for one I said "Sure you can get one out of the cupboard above the dryer". He just didn't bother to go get it.
Count It All Joy!
11 years ago

2 comments:
Laresa, that is so funny about Alex. That was really cool that he would rip his shirt because he accidentally ripped someone elses.
You have great kids!!!
so funny! Boys will be boys. I love how he does not care what others think & just does his thing!
Post a Comment