Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fear Not I am With Thee

I recieved some bad news this week that my Mom has a brain tumor. I have pondered and thought about this so much this week sometimes I don't even know what I am thinking. My wonderful Mom has chronicled her events on her website. www.sherriejohnson.blogspot.com. I am always inspired by her faith and her wonderful testimony of the gospel. I am the person I am today because of my Mother. I am amazed at the sacrifice that she made in so many ways to raise such a wonderful family. Because of her I have been taught how to pray and learn from our trials. When I heard the news of my Mother I began to pray and think about what to say. I have never felt a more peaceful feeling in my whole life. I feel so comforted. One day I was driving around and I was thinking about everything when I read a sign out in front of a church( very popular here in the south). The sign said " Fear Not I am with Thee" Isaiah 41:10. It hit me like a bolt of lighting. My first thought was He is with me. Then the second thought was I can't have Fear and have Faith. The two just don't go together. Right now I need to lean onto my Faith. It is hard to overcome that Fear. Over and over again that scripture keeps ringing in my ears Fear Not I am With Thee. My Mom's operation will be Friday. I will pray for her and I know my Faith will get me through this right now. I am strong because my Mother taught me to be strong. I love you Mom !!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Laresa, as you know many will be praying for your Mom. I am sending you (((hugs))) and loving thoughts as well!!! I am always inspired by you and your Mom. You are both such great examples of faith. I still think of you saying, "I can do hard things" and how many you have inspired with that thought!!!! xoxoxox

Don and Kelley said...

Laresa, I am so sorry. When I met your mom (Many years ago at college.) she left a huge impression on me. I will keep her in my prayers. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Laresa, I'm a little behind with reading blogs so I just recently learned about your mother; however, I'm kind of glad I found out "after the fact" because I now know that she's going to be fine. By the way, I love the way you expressed how faith and fear don't go together. And isn't it amazing how much truth you can find on these signs in front of Southern churches?