Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Luke, July 12th

I love you Luke. I can't believe my baby is 4 years old. It just seemed like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. Luke is full of life and has lots of energy. He loves his brothers. He favorite saying this last year has been "But I love you". Everytime he gets into trouble he just smiles and says "But I love you".


We have a fun tradition that is part of my side of the family. Whenever someone gives a present we all say together "Heavy, heavy hangover thy poor head what do you wish with a bump on the head". Well, the idea is that the person opening the present is suppossed tell them a wish. Our 4 year old had a hard time with that and this year Alex got a little carried away with the banging of the head hard. It made Luke cry. Boyd said we might have to rethink that tradition. But my older boys have been doing this their whole life they don't know any different. It is funny the little traditions that you do that you don't even think about.





The best present the Luke got was "Luke Skywalker" from Star Wars. It was so cute when he opened it because he said "It's a me! It's a me!" Luke calls himself Luke Skywalker all of the time. I think it is so cute. Because he calls me Princees Leia.












The whole gang for Luke's party. Yes, we do have an extra one in the photo. I call him the 7th son I never had. He always knows when to show up at our house just as the party is about to start.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Connie said...

How cute is everyone! I am not sure I would enjoy being wacked on the head with a gift myself LOL!!!
Happy Birthday Luke!

Talena said...

Laresa I love your blog, I love your photos, looks like you had fun on your camping trip.

Alona said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAT Little Luke!!

Don and Kelley said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!! My boys are totally digging the Luke Skywalker and they love the light saber!!!