Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Before and After shots of my surprise


Before and after shots of Alex's room.





I worked long and hard to surprise Alex while he was away at Philmont. He was gone was two weeks and I decided his room needed a make-over. His favorite team and college is Texas Longhorns. I decided to make that the theme of his room. We painted and I even have one of his walls as a magnetic wall. I put on a magnetic primer and then I painted over it. I actually painted the whole room a beige. I tried to match all the orange and black that is going on in his room. I am so proud of myself that I did everything myself. Nate did help me a lot with the painting. And the look on Alex's face when he came home and saw it was priceless. He loves his new room and he doesn't have to share it with anybody. I have had this idea for a long time but I never know where to start with projects like this one. I decided my goal for this year was "perservance" and I was going to perserve and finish it no matter what I had to do along the process. I even made his curtains thanks to Christy letting me borrow her machine. I forgot that I have a broken machine. Someday my whole house will be neat and organized as this room. But right now I am just enjoying myself in Alex's room. I will just take on my house one step at a time.

5 comments:

Mariah said...

Way to go Laresa! It looks like awesome and I bet Alex loved it!!

Alona said...

It looks great. Nice job!

Christy Peake said...

FABULOUS!! You worked so hard!! It looks great!

Connie said...

I am sure Alex knows he's a lucky guy. Room looks fabulous.

meleah said...

Good Job Laresa!!!! You are awesome!!!! I love it.