Monday, April 7, 2008

Oklahoma

I had to blog about what my life has been lately. Rehersals and more rehersals.. We open a week from Thursday and I have to say I am pretty nervous. It is going to be a great show and it always comes together. I feel like these practices have been like a reality show. ( I love all the reality shows on tv)
When we were first grouped together in our different roles we hardly knew each other. I cringed because I had to get really close to people and in their space. Especially when I sing in group numbers. But I have got over that really quickly. I have learned so much about singing and dancing. I have learned that I am not young like I was 20 years ago. It has been a learning experience for me. Some things I have learned about myself that I didn't want to learn. There has been some tears from different cast members of learning experiences that they were going through and I was there to listen. It is hard because you hardly know these people and then they see a side of you that you haven't seen before so it is crazy. ( I hope that makes sense).
The cutest memory I will take away from this is one night Samuel came to see me practice. He was so good and loved every minute of it. He even got to go with me to pick out my two costumes. He thought is was so cool looking at all the costumes. Anyway on the way home he was asking me all of these questions then he said "Does Dad know that you dance with another guy, because when we get home and tell him I don't think he is going to like it very much and you can't be in this play anymore". The look on his face was priceless. I could tell it took every about of courage he had to talk to me about that other man. I assured Samuel that I wasn't dancing off with someone else. The cutest I thought was that he knew what Boyd's reaction was going to be.. he wasn't going to like it because he loved Mommy.
The performance opens Thursday April 17th it runs that Thursday, Friday and Saturday and then it runs the next Friday and Satruday. Thank you for all of your support and well wishes they really do mean a lot to me. I will have to post pictures when I get my computer working.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Working on a Laresa's fan club section at the play!!

campbell said...

Connie you are so sweet! I am getting really excited now... it will be great. It is a tought musical to do.

Anonymous said...

Connie and I are so looking forward to seeing this!