


Many of you probably already heard about the storms that hit Saturday night in South Carolina. Many of you who live far away I feel like I needed to post some pictures so you could see the damage. Life is very interesting and until I drove around on Sunday you really don't get a clear picture of what exactly happened. My friend Cindy has some great pictures on her website.
Saturday night at 5:00 I was at a baptism at the church when the storm started getting really bad. In fact when I walked into the church at 4:50 it wasn't even raining. This sweet sister Lisa got baptized and then the storm got worse. There were a few speakers and the electricity went out 3 times. One time it went out for awhile in fact it was well the bishopric memeber was talking. This whole time the storm was taking place I couldn't believe that I was actually calm. I was just enjoying the spirit of the meeting and wanting to learn what the speakers were saying. I got up and spoke and welcomed her into Relief Society. Then when our bishopric member spoke and the lights went out and he just kept speaking it still felt so good to be there.He just kept talking he didn't even pause. He spoke about the storms of life and what we face each day. But if we stay close to the spirit we can still have that peace. No wonder I was so calm I was feeling the spirit and not even wondering or worrying what was happening around me. As I drove around Sunday in Elgin, which is about 5 miles from my home and looked at the damamge I felt so blessed that our home didn't get any damage. But I also had the feeling all this happened while I was having a real neat spiritual experience. I thought about life and how we can still have spiritual experiences while the storms of life rage around us.
Count It All Joy!
11 years ago

8 comments:
Wow, Laresa I didn't even know that all that happened. I am so glad to hear that nothing happened to you or your family.
Laresa, you got some good pics too.
Oh, and I love all the blue and pink on your blog!!!
I enjoyed reading this and couldn't help but compare our experiences that we were having at the exact time...in different cities. My son's wedding reception in Myrtle Beach began at 6:00, and the family all gathered at the Sea Mist Resort around 4:45 to have pictures made. Almost as soon as we got in the door, the rain started. In fact, the photographer took the first of all the pictures of the newlyweds as they stood just outside of the front door. It was windy, and the wind blew some of the rain their way. All through it, I watched them with love and tenderness as they continued to smile and hold hands despite the crazy weather round about them. I thought about how if they just continued with that attitude of love and commitment, then the storms of life that they will surely encounter won't blow them apart or dampen their love. I'm getting a little carried away with this, aren't I?
I have to admit I stole these pictures from WISTV website. We drove around Sunday but I didn't get any pictures. I guess I should have said that in my story. sorry.
So true, Laresa. Thank you for the reminder. It was great riding together Sunday evening and catching up some -- I've missed seeing you. Have a great week!
We were in Florida and I heard about the storms. I am so glad your family is o.k. That is just crazy!
LARESA!
I finished "Eclipse"! I'm dying for August to come around so we can read "Breaking Dawn"! And Jack and I are moving to Wilmington, NC for the Summer!
THAT is a cool blogger background!!!!
Post a Comment