I am back from a very much needed and long vacation. I don't know even where to begin in writing on my blog. I was thinking should I write about the wonderful miracle of seeing my Mother all better from her surgery or the White Christmas that I haven't seen in years, or should I write about all the wonderful family we saw that my kids have never ever met before. Well, I decided to highlight in little blurbs some of the highlights of my wonderful, wonderful trip along with some pictures.
*My Mother's surgery went very well. The Doctors called it a miracle. I am glad I was there to see it with my own eyes. Luke kept asking her to take off her hat because he wanted to see the zipper in her head. (that is what my Mom called it)
*Seeing my son Nate. The hug he gave me I wanted it to last forever. I am so glad that he is working hard and during so good in college. I am so proud of him. And he looks so good with his new haircut.
*The phone call I got from my son Zachary on Christmas Day. I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I literally could not sleep. I was laying awake thinking of all the things that I wanted to talk to him about. I even had butterflies in my stomach. He called my Mom's house first thing Christmas morning. Boy did he sound so good and happy. I don't even know what I got for Christmas because all I wanted was to talk to Zachary and see Nate.
*We met with so many family members. Luke had never met Grandma and Grandpa Campbell and Jeremy barely remembered them. Luke just loved her with his way of making her laugh. The cutest is when he said "Grandma Zachary is gone, but we found Nate". (He probably thought my boys went missing)
*Seeing my husband, Boyd cry as he hugged his Mom and pressed his cheeks against her cheeks. It has been 7 years since they hugged. Way too long for a mother and son to be apart. Their family party had about 56 people and Alex was trying to keep track of who belonged to who and what their names where.
*Taking my boys to temple square and showing them where Dad proposed to Mom. Dad even kneeled down on his knees again and showed them exactly how he did it. The lights were incredible but it was very, very cold.
*Watching my son, Nate being ordained a Elder. Part of my family and part of Boyd's family were there to witness and help with this event. It was so overwhelming I can't even put it into words. The Stake President had Boyd and I bare our testimony and it was very neat to have that opportunity in front of our family.
*Watching my boys play in the snow. We drove to Utah and the very first rest stop they saw snow they all ran out in it and played and slid in it. Luke just wanted to eat it. They were so excited they could hardly contain themselves.
*I know there are a lot more highlights like family dinners, sister shopping day and karakoe night New Year's Eve. I will never forget the Christmas of 2008!!!!
Count It All Joy!
11 years ago

7 comments:
Glad you're back and you're trip was everything you hoped for and more! Happy New Year!
Im so glad you found Nate! Hunter missed Luke in primary! HE said why am I all by myself in my new class? Glad you had a great time!
Laresa, I am so glad you guys made it home safely. Your blog entry made me cry.
Laresa, I am so glad you guys made it home safely. Your blog entry made me cry.
Oh, Laresa, my heart is so happy for you! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas - I know you will never forget it!
I am so happy for you and all that you got for Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. We missed you while you were away but are so happy that you were able to go.
I'm sitting here at work reading your blog and trying hard to keep my composure. What a moving post! Every single "blurb" was so wonderful to read about, and I'm especially happy that your mother is going to be found, that you found Nate, that you got to talk to your missionary on Christmas day (I well remember the excitement of those special conversations), that Boyd and his mother were reunited....actually, everything was great to read about.
Post a Comment