Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What a Weekend

I had the most fabulous weekend with my Mom. She came to speak to our Stake Relief Society Women's Conference on "The Truth Shall Make you Free". It was great and very inspiring, it made me think about my life and things that I choose to think about. The weekend couldn't have been better. We went shopping after the women's conference and then we went to a tea party (herbal tea of course). My Mom has me addicted and it was a nice surprise for her that she wasn't expecting. Then the best surprise of all came when we went to see my friends that live in the "Holly Hedge Home" in Camden. It is a historic home which my Mom just loves. We both couldn't believe the history of this home and how many stories we heard. The tree we are standing in front of is a giant magnolia tree. It was so big I couldn't believe it. I tried to take some good pictures of us in the house. But you just had to see it to believe it. It is one of those weekend that I didn't want to end. I just wanted to keep surprising my Mom with more things that she loves. I know it will be a weekend that I will never ever forget. I don't get much time to spend with my Mom since she lives so far away. So for me this was priceless.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mariah said...

You and mom look so much alike in that first picture. It sounds like you had a ton of fun! Can't wait to hear how Mom liked it.

Jayne said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad that you and your mom got to spend some time together in beautiful, tree-filled South Carolina. I'm glad too that she was able to come here for everyone else's benefit too because we surely enjoyed her words of wisdom Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time

ginger said...

I just love your mom!!! When is she coming back :)